Michigan League for Public Policy is a statewide advocacy organization that works to promote economic security for all people in Michigan. As part of its work, the League conducts research and analysis on tax and economic policy issues, focusing on how they impact low-income people in our state. The League seeks to hire a Full Charge Bookkeeper with strong bookkeeping and organizational skills.
The responsibilities of the Full Charge Bookkeeper include maintaining the organization’s general ledger, preparing financial statements, processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, assisting with grant reporting and budgeting, generating payroll, and processing employee benefits.
- Associate’s degree in related field preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience; nonprofit and grant accounting experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse people and community groups
- Self-motivated and well-organized with the ability to work independently and efficiently
- Computer literacy, including QuickBooks or similar accounting software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, as well as a strong knowledge of internet resources
The position is full-time and is based in Lansing. Salary will be based on experience. Benefits package included.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Cathy Adcock, Contract CFO, at email@example.com by January 11, 2019.
The League is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building and retaining a diverse and inclusive staff and workplace.