Tax Policy Analyst/Senior Tax Policy Analyst
The Michigan League for Public Policy is a statewide advocacy organization that works to promote economic security and well-being for all people in Michigan through the policymaking process using a race equity lens. As part of its work, the League conducts research and analysis on tax and economic policy issues, focusing on how they impact people with low incomes and communities of color in our state. The League seeks to hire a Tax Policy Analyst or Senior Tax Policy Analyst with strong quantitative and analytic skills and the ability to communicate information effectively to diverse audiences.
The responsibilities of the Tax Policy/Senior Tax Policy Analyst include analyzing state and federal tax policies; researching and writing reports; analyzing data to identify the impact of state, federal and local tax policies on Michiganders with low and moderate incomes and the state’s tax system and fiscal health; monitoring state legislation; representing the League at meetings with partners and policymakers; doing media interviews and legislative testimony; and doing presentations on tax and economic issues related to the League’s mission.
Qualifications: While no candidate will have every desirable quality, the ideal candidate would have:
- Commitment to expanding opportunity to Michiganders through tax policy.
- Relevant educational experience or equivalent experience working on tax policy issues.
- Experience with legislative and/or state budget process preferred.
- Strong analytic skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets and databases.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues to broad audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify opportunities and develop public policy options.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and prioritize and manage multiple tasks, but also able to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Values and contributes to a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Commitment to economic, racial and social justice.
The position is full-time and is based in Lansing. Salary range $57,000-$63,000. Benefits package included.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and brief writing sample to email@example.com by July 29.
The League is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building and retaining a diverse and inclusive staff and workplace. To us, diversity means differing life experiences and backgrounds that may include gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture, religion, sexual orientation and age. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.